Friday, June 12, 2009

Inspired by Robert Earl Keene

Standin here on Lancaster

Starin at the U.G.M.

Wonderin if I have it in Me

To repair my life again

I know I have to do this

Whether I want to or not

So getup off your ass boy and give this thing a shot

It’ll feel so good when you feel good again.

The years of drugs and alcohol

Kept causing me to lose

Im 55 years old and now Ive got to choose

If You ponder it a moment

What do ya have to lose

I walked across the street then

And checked myself right in

I hope I can learn to feel good again

Does my wife still love me or have I lost her too

Im so damn confused, I don’t know what to do

Rise up through the fog son, You know it’s good for you

If there is an answer I’ve got to find it soon

Good Lord I really need to feel good again

I feel so bad, Im scared to death, I fear Ill never learn

Sometimes I feel my life, it just aint worth a dern

But then the cure start workin, Ive got a little hope

9 months Ive had no hooch, or smoked that friggin dope

I know that I can do this, Ill see my wife again

Ive gotta walk through the fire, Endure a lot of pain

Good God It feels so good feelin good again

Yes Thank You God

It Feels So Good Feelin Good Again

1 comment:

  1. Just a few moments ago...you walked out the front door.
    Into the dark of night to go to work-life a struggle no more.
    No more wants of hooch, no more wants of dope..
    Life is now a blessing - a surgance of happiness and hope.
    Many months have now gone by,no longer am I a dream.
    Your ray of sunshine has come to stay..your permanent sunbeam.

    I remember that fateful day when I had to walk away.
    How much it hurt to say good-bye, how it had to be that way.
    The pain was deep and wide as great as the Grand Canyon could be,
    For if I didn't do what I did, we'd never be free.

    I love you so much my husband,this much I know for sure.
    Our love for each other has stood it's ground-a love that will always endure.
    As sure as day is day and night will always be night,
    I love you my wonderful husband with all of my might.

    ReplyDelete